Pages

Thursday 3 April 2014

Heart Squares

There's quite a few heart squares in this quilt - it is a 'Boyfriend Blanket' after all (soppy).  As all the squares are slightly different sizes, it's nice to have a nice simple motif to knit up quickly to fill in the gaps.


This first one was by Sarah Bradbury, based on a free pattern on her knitting-and.com website.

The second two were designed by me - please feel free to use the designs for yourself in any way (for non-profit use :) ).

I really like the Four Heart Square - I just wish I'd done it in colours with a greater contrast.  However, I'm sure I'll do a couple more, so I can experiment with colour variations then.



The second heart square I designed has our initials in it.  Obviously the chances of anyone having the same initials is a little slim, so please personalise the pattern however you please!  I've left the original letters on the design, to act as a guide for placing your own.





No comments:

Post a Comment